- A natural progression from an Early Years Foundation Learning programme, towards full participation within the National Curriculum framework, with programmes designed for and implemented at an appropriate level, taking into account the special needs of the children in the school.
- For children in Early Years Foundation Stage up to Key Stage 2 a thematic full spectrum curriculum is delivered, which emphasises the importance of developing the depth of children’s learning and which provides children with increased cognitive challenge, allowing them to apply the skills that they have learnt in a range of contexts.
- Key Stage 2 pupils will be able to access MFL taster days to start to give them a better appreciation of communication and language in other parts of the world and in other races around the world.
- Promoting engagement and inclusion through accurate assessment, planned progression, personalisation and high quality teaching and learning with a consistent emphasis on encouraging and promoting independence.
- Clearly defined individual teaching programmes provided pupils with carefully planned opportunities to consolidate and extend their skills.
- It places pupils at its heart, putting their interests first to enable their specific talents to be nurtured and their potential maximised.
- It involves parents and carers, the community and other professionals to provide individualised learning pathways to meeting our young people’s academic, social, emotional and physical needs.
Click on the image below to view the curriculum aims…